| Where do you apply for financial assistance (grants) to modify your home for a handicapped child?

Where do you apply for financial assistance (grants) to modify your home for a handicapped child?

Loon asked:

I am a single mother of a 4 1/2 year old daughter that is physically Handicapped. I just recently bought our 1st home & I am looking for some form of financial assistance to make some modification to the home so that it is wheelchair accessible inside and out. I know that there must be programs (both government & privately funded) to help Lower income families in these situations. I have spent hours on the internet searching & found nothing that is clear… I am hoping someone knowledgeable in this area can help…. THANK YOU!

Related posts:

  1. How do you apply for child assistance ? Lindsay Marie* asked: how to get assistance from the government...
  2. Is there government assistance for eradicating mold from your home, and other health and safety issues? maybeavonmaybenot asked: We have a mortgage on our home. We...
  3. Are there grants or any government funding for uninsured pregnancies? harmonyleone asked: Are there any grants or government funding that...
  4. Senior Citizens Handicapped Government Assistance? Jessie asked: My Grandparents have recently purchased their own home...
  5. Do you feel our ghetto soldiers can apply themselves to assist themselves ? nsprdwmn asked: Has the time come for the soldiers among...

Filed Under Personal Finance |

Tagged With , ,


3 Responses to “Where do you apply for financial assistance (grants) to modify your home for a handicapped child?”

  1. Phurface on April 18th, 2009 7:54 am

    Call your local welfare office, they may know of someone. Also ask local churches, Red Cross, friends at work, local television stations, radio stations.

    Check out Extreme Home Makeovers on ABC.COM too.

  2. thebigz on April 21st, 2009 1:44 am

    First congratulations on the new house- Do you have Medicaid or Medicare for your child, they have ways of helping. Do you have a case worker for the child? Some of the local medical supply stores can make your house accessible using insurance. The Social Security Dept if you have Medicaid has referral. Easter Seals depends on the disability. Depends on the disability check with the organization - MDA- MS - if hurt in an accident call local police dept ask for victim advocate dept they can help with referral

    Good luck in everything you do and i will be thinking about you

  3. College mom on April 21st, 2009 11:45 pm

    call your county dept. of social services they can help you and/or probably put you in touch with programs in the area that might help